JOB ROLE: Enterprise Data Operations Asst Analyst
As a member of the data engineering team, you will be the key technical expert developing and overseeing PepsiCo’s data product build & operations and drive a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively create a positive impact on the business. You’ll be an empowered member of a team of data engineers who build data pipelines into various source systems, rest data on the PepsiCo Data Lake, and enable exploration and access for analytics, visualization, machine learning, and product development efforts across the company. As a member of the data engineering team, you will help lead the development of very large and complex data applications into public cloud environments directly impacting the design, architecture, and implementation of PepsiCo’s flagship data products around topics like revenue management, supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics. You will work closely with process owners, product owners and business users. You’ll be working in a hybrid environment with in-house, on-premise data sources as well as cloud and remote systems.
- Active contributor to code development and support existing projects.
- Manage data pipelines from internal and external data sources to support day-to-day operations.
- Understand and adapt existing frameworks of data engineering pipelines in the organization.
- Responsible for adopting best practices around systems integration, security, performance, and data management defined within the organization.
- Collaborate with team and learn to build data pipelines.
- Support data engineering pipelines and quickly respond to failures.
- Collaborate with the team and learn about building data engineering pipelines.
- Create documentation for learning and knowledge transfer.
- Learn and adapt automation skills/techniques in day-to-day activities.
- Learn well-defined coding/development life cycles within the organization.
- 0 to 1+ years of overall technology experience includes some hands-on experience with software development and data engineering work.
- 0 to 1+ years of development experience in programming languages like Python, PySpark, Scala, etc. Experience or knowledge in Data Modeling & SQL is a plus.
- 6+ months of experience in any cloud technologies.
- Azure Certification is a plus.
- Working experience or knowledge of agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
- Experience with version control systems like Github and deployment & CI tools.
- Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Knowledge of data profiling and data quality tools is a plus.
- Knowledge in Statistical/Machine learning models is a plus.
- Knowledge in the retail or supply chain space is a plus
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (such as PowerBI) is a plus.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior-level management.
- Comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth.
- Ability to understand business requirements and ask questions for additional clarifications.
- High degree of organization and ability to coordinate effectively with the team.
- Positive and flexible attitude to adjust to different needs in an ever-changing environment.
- Foster a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management.
- Proactively drive impact and engagement while bringing others along.
- Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new skills.
- Highly influential and having the ability to educate challenging stakeholders on the role of data and its purpose in the business.
- Understands both the engineering and business side of the Data Products released.
- Places the user in the center of decision making.
- Teams up and collaborates for speed, agility, and innovation.
- Experience with and embraces agile methodologies.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skill.
- Experience managing and working with globally distributed teams.