JOB ROLE:Software Engineer
Participate in design, code, test, and support of major software component bugs according to a standard development process, with emphasis on testability and quality.
Gain deep skills in the existing product by way of reverse engineering the code and developing a sound knowledge for design and development of the enhancements. Projects will consist of multiple team members and the candidate will be expected to work closely with team leader, project manager, team members as well as other supporting groups, like customer support groups and engineering. Responsible for development of enhancements to the Teradata RDBMS product and design of low to medium complex database enhancements.
B.E./B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Minimum of 0 to 3 years of experience in Product Support / Sustaining of medium to large projects.
- Strong experience in programming with C and Data structures.
- RDBMS Knowledge and SQL.
- Excellent creative, analytical, problem solving and strong debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently come up with algorithmic solutions based on complexity and performance considerations.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a mission critical, 24/7 environment.
- Having good knowledge of internals in Operating systems like UNIX, Windows, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of the design and construction of database engine software, which should include SQL.
- Understanding and working with complex parallel software or system programming is an added advantage.