JOB ROLE: Engineer I - UI
Location - WORK FROM HOME/BANGALORE
As an Engineer 1-UI at American Express, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining user interfaces for various digital products and platforms. Your work will play a critical role in enhancing the customer experience and ensuring the smooth functioning of American Express’s online offerings.
- Design and implement user-centered interfaces for American Express’s digital products and platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and understand business needs.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code using industry best practices.
- Test and debug UI components to ensure they meet performance, accessibility, and quality standards.
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure that American Express’s engineering standards are maintained.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in UI development and recommend solutions to improve the user experience.
- Participate in sprint planning and project management activities.
ANY POST GRADUATION
- Hands-on experience to implement solutions using Java Script(React JS & Node JS)
- Develop web/mobile applications using HTML, CSS, Java Script, TypeScript, React
- Experience developing REST and GraphQL APIs with NodeJS and integrations with third-party solutions
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with TDD and writing robust Unit Test cases.
- Exposure to CICD tools, including Git, Maven, Jenkins.
- Hands-on development to prototype technical solutions.
- Knowledge of any cloud platform solutions
- Aware of Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Willing to adapt and learn new/emerging technologies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.