Oracle Hospitality is developing this era’s most exciting Cloud-Native, Mobile-enabled, Next-Generation hotel management enterprise application – OPERA Cloud – to enable our customers in the hospitality industry to provide superior service and experience to their guests anywhere. We are rapidly growing and hence seeking the BEST talent in the industry to join our Oracle Innovation Award winning talented team!
We are seeking a Cloud Software Developer to work with its Hospitality Global Business Unit’s R&D Team. This role is responsible for actively participating in the definition of Oracle Hospitality Hotel Cloud Native Applications architecture while providing guidance to our product development and application operations teams. We are seeking an engineer to help driving our end-to-end cloud strategy to ensure that our product development and operations processes are aligned with a “True Cloud” vision.
Our successful candidate will be technically adept in cloud technologies, possessing a broad combination of skills and experiences, and who does not mind rolling up his/her sleeves to make the team successful. This role requires that you be technically curious with a strong desire to understand how things are built and work. This role also requires a forward thinking openness to new technologies and approaches while remaining vigilantly focused on regulatory strength and maximum availability.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedure
- Strategic participation in the definition of scalable, self-healing, autonomous platform solutions
- Provide expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Learn to use latest technologies to identify and optimize the operational efficiency for architecture supporting Oracle Hospitality Cloud Service Offerings
- Perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
- Drive a customer-first culture that keeps customer at the forefront of decision making
- Define and monitor performance indicators
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in-depth knowledge of OOPS/Core Java and J2EE development
- Knowledge of Micro services-based Cloud Native application development
- Good knowledge and experience in architecture and designing of complex systems
- In-depth knowledge in Cloud technologies and would have designed/architected solutions to deploy products in Cloud
- Knowledge on Cloud infrastructure technologies like AWS, Azure or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Solid understanding of effective cloud computing principles
- Experience designing solutions with security and high performing applications in Cloud
- Broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses application operations including deployment, automation, platform architecture, Database, Network, Load-balancing / Clustering and Security
- Experience in architecture, engineering, deployment and operational management of a best-in-class cloud service offerings
- Experience developing Secured Enterprise applications (IDCS, SSO, Oauth2, SAML, Spring security, etc.)
- Worked on server-side performance/monitoring (App-D, EM) and Logging (ELK) measurements and tuning
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, High Availability, information management, big data, Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
- Knowledge of common web application and mobile frameworks
- Demonstrated expertise in bringing applications to Cloud